Thursday, November 30, 2006

Crazy Poker Night

Tonight was one of the oddest poker nights I have been to. To start off, we planned on a 6:30 start instead of a 7:30 one due to the We Became Actors show at 9. I was working late and ended up leaving at 6 and running into Rob in the parking garage. Since he was heading directly to poker, we decided just to ride together after I called Nick and said I'd just meet him there to avoid being late. So it's a little different, but not crazy yet.

We get upstairs and everyone has thrown their money on the table. There are 10 people in the room and only 80 dollars on the table. Everyone checked their wallets or pockets and said that they had paid. It's the same group as every week so there's no cause to think that anyone is lying. Finally, Ed threw in a 20 to make it even and we started playing. Luke was first out, followed by Seth. But then Isaac decided he had to leave, so Luke got back by playing his chips. We got down to 5 players (me, Nick, James, Paul and Dave) and go around and around the table before I finally lose and there are only 4 players. The other guys are getting ready to go to the show and Dave, despite his best showing in months (he was chip leader by far), decided he was done and pushed all his chips over to me. Since he was guaranteed at least $10 back at this point he took that, then decreed that if he won more Ed should get the random $20 he threw in back.

Dave's chips truely were magic, because I was dealt an A-J offsuit the next hand and took out another player (after 15 minutes of 5 players, we knocked people off in consecutive hands: me, then James). It was one of the top 3 hands I saw all night. Nick then took out Paul, so only Nick and I were left. Paul got his $10, Ed got his $20 and there was $60 left on the table. Since only Nick and I were left and everyone else was leaving (and it wasn't our house) we just threw in the towel and called it a game. Dave wouldn't split any more of the winnings with us so we somehow ended up with the first place prize.

So the recap is: early start time, money not adding up when it should, two players giving their chips away to a non-player, and no definative winner. Moral: I shouldn't really be the only girl at poker.

1 comment:

smeets said...

This is what happens when there are no girls to count the money, watch blinds, etc... And they say girls are bad with money, see you next week ;-)