Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wedding Pictures

In the interest of my sanity, I'm going to break down this down into a couple of posts. The week leading up to our wedding was crazy (exibit A: my poor neglected blog), but the weekend was wonderful! Early in the week they were predicting snow, but we never saw it. The temperatures stayed in the 50s which is really quite comfortable for this time of year.

I'll start off with the Mustang saga. Nick and I always joke about getting a Mustang so for our wedding we decided to go for it and rent one. I called up Hertz and tried to reserve a Mustang convertible but was told that Minneapolis only had hardtops. No big deal, it's still a Mustang, right? Well, we get to the Hertz counter on Friday morning and the lady looks at her computer for a long time and then asks "Does it have to be a Mustang?" to which we said "Yes!". Turns out they only had convertibles so we got a free upgrade! Walking out in the garage, we saw two convertible Mustangs and no hard tops. Here we are with our beauty:


Yes, it was actually warm enough that we drove around on Friday AND Saturday with the top down!

We had a lot of fun getting ready for the wedding. The guys went outside with the photographer, and us girls got ready in the basement with the other photographer. We took doubles of all the pictures with our own cameras:


My sisters helping me out. Jill did my hair and makeup and Lauren appointed herself the "train carrier". She carried it for me the entire time we were getting ready in the basement.


The wrap around my bouquet. I loved how they made a flower out of the pins.


Posing with my mom.

After we were all ready, it was time for the grueling two-hour group photo session. For me it seemed to fly by, but I was sick of smiling at the end (and I don't think I was the only one).


Don't we look great? Cindy, Marc, Jill, Karin, Nick, Adam, Erin, Thomas

Our crowning final touch was personalized cakes. I'm probably a little biased, but I thought they were the best wedding cake I've ever eaten:


They were all different flavors! And yes, Nick did get cream cheese frosting on his Hawkeye cake which is why it appears a little more yellow than all the others.

The dance, like the rest of the day, was over before I knew it. We had a lot of fun and wouldn't change anything even if we had the option to go back and do so. We are so lucky!

9 comments:

Ptrikha said...

Nice Pictures

Jeff and Heidi said...

You looked so beautiful!! I love seeing pictures!!

Erin said...

Yes, everything was great. (Even if I think I got brain damage from the bride. :) )

Sandy said...

Love your wedding and honeymoon photos! Such a handsome bride & groom!! Can't wait to talk with you and get all the details.

The peanut butter cups look yummy too. I have some very nice photos of my own which I hope to e-mail to you once I figure out how . . . and once we are home long enough to play on the computer.

Sandy said...

P.S. Your wedding cake was absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

you looked beautiful in all of your pictures! It was a wonderful wedding. Great food . . . great family . . . great cake . . . great fun!

Anonymous said...

guess who anonymous is?? that'd be me hitting the wrong key

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to add that the rehearsal dinner was awesome . . . there was this fruit salad that had cake in it!! can you believe that?? I've never had that before!!!. . . it was heavenly!!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I guess I didn't post that. Nick's mom did an awesome job cooking up all the food for the rehearsal dinner!