Friday, January 12, 2007

Where Have We Been?

Nick and I had an interesting week - both volleyball and tennis were on a bye, which meant that we had a lot of free time for the first time in a while. Nick is making great progress on the bathroom. He painted the top half (the bottom is getting wainscoted) and is drilling the holes for the new plumbing as we speak:


No more sink! Unfortunately there wasn't any tile beneath it, adding another step onto the project.


No more grey!!

I have to say, I'm very happy with the progress. At this rate, it should be finished in far less than the two months we estimated - all those extra nights helped. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some better pictures - both of those were taken with just a floodlight on. That's the disadvantage to doing all this work in the evenings (lack of natural light).

Last Saturday Nick and I left our comfortable suburb and headed into the city. Which one? Both of them!! In the afternoon we visited Hamline College in St Paul and watched a concert by the Twin Cities Bronze, a local handbell choir that was raising money to go to Oberammergau of all places! We always had handbell choirs at church growing up, but this choir did a ton of fancy things that I've never seen before and sounded excellent. Saturday evening we headed into Minneapolis and saw We Became Actors play at a bar. Some of our friends are in the band and it was our first time seeing them play. A completely different kind of music, but still awesome.

Other than that, lots of watching Friends on DVD. Still on series one, but we're trying to get further. Dave won two games of Settlers and Sergei won poker. I almost beat Katie in the second game (I started off with a 4 of a kind and didn't get weak again until it was heads up) but couldn't hold on. Smeeta's in town now so we'll see what the weekend brings, although right now I'm just playing online Bunco- Katie keeps talking about it so I thought I'd try it out. Like most games I think it would be much more fun live with other people. Not quite as much fun as Pocket Farkel, but hey, we have to give the other dice games something to strive for!

No comments: