Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Last Day Before The Prematurely Lost Hour

Today I got up early and cleaned the house!!! Yay!! That sounds like fun, right? Nope. But I am happy to have a clean house so the result is worth the work. I had a good reason to do it too: my mother-in-law was due to come over around lunch and I didn't want her to see the post-flu mess that was our house.

Nancy actually showed up about an hour later than I expected her, so everything was spotless and Nick and I were hard at work on the puzzle I got him for Christmas by the time she arrived. It was only a short visit, but the best part besides seeing her was that she brought our finished wedding quilt along and we got to keep it (she's brought it over before when it wasn't finished yet):


It matches perfectly!
Erin, it may not *technically* be done (no label on the back), but we're using it already so I consider that finished before yours!
Rob, can you see the Reader's Digest on the nightstand?

The three of us went out for lunch at Granite City, then killed some time at IKEA before we dropped Nancy off for her flight to Georgia (she's going to play nurse for Erin after she gets her gallbladder out on Tuesday). Nick found a very nice half-round wooden table top for only $5 in the bargain bin area so I guess it was a successful trip. When we got home, Nick and I finished the devil puzzle that I got him for Christmas:


It looks pretty innocent, but the pieces are fairly indistinguishable from each other. We didn't work on it very consistently either - it took over two months for us to finish it.

We finished up the evening by visiting our friend Dave. He made stir fry for us, then we played five games of trains, of which I won zero. Here's a summary of my luck on the evening:


I'm the green piece. :(

6 comments:

Erin said...

No tag means the quilt is not done. Sorry.

Unknown said...

I expect to see your bed made every time I come now. But you know you will have at least a 6 hour notice. Looks good!!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Made as often as I get up after Nick (not often). :)

smeets said...

I can't believe you let the boys beat you so many times in trains... that's okay though, i guess you have to let the weaker sex win sometimes, it helps their egos ;-)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I can't believe it either! This is the second time the three of us have played multiple games like that so figure about 9 games total...I can't beat them together!! But I have yet to lose to Nick head-to-head and I win with 4 players when they make up two of them; I don't get it :( If they hadn't blocked off Nashville from me I would have won the final game. :)

Sandy said...

To Nancy, beautiful job on the quilt. I'm impressed with your talent!
To Erin, hope your are feeling better soon following your surgery. So THAT's why you weren't feeling good!
To Karin, last one out of bed at our house always has to make it. It's usually me (she said sheepishly)