Saturday, March 31, 2007

Who's the Julie?

(Not to offend any person named Julie; this Julie refers to a Wii-tennis player controlled by the computer.)

It's Friday night and the mood is right. Gonna have some fun, show you how it's done. TGIF!! (Steph, hope you appreciate that ditty). Tonight was a night in four parts. First, Nick invited Bob over to share a supper of delicious Take'n'Bake pizza with us, followed by a few games of Wii-tennis.

Next, the boys left to help Ed move and I played some more Wii on my own, achieving pro-status in Wii-tennis and getting a 91-pin strike. Yay! Soon enough, Andrea arrived to have a mini-girls' night. We looked at wedding photos and I taught her how to play Trains - she did very well and beat me the second game, something Nick has yet to achieve. After that, we went downstairs and played a few games of Wii-tennis ourselves. Andrea was pretty good; we destroyed all the computer teams we played against, especially a poor 400-level player named Julie. We moved onto Wii-baseball and played a very poor first game, going three innings without a single hit. We were halfway through our second game and it was going much better (Andrea got the bases loaded once and I had three home runs) when I got a call from Nick - he had a flat and was stranded. So, being the good people we are, Andrea and I turned off the Wii, eliminating our good game, and went to rescue him and Bob. Luckily they were only about 5 miles away so it didn't take too long.

Then it was time for the third part of the evening. Andrea and I had a Wii-baseball rematch and tied, 1-1, then we tried 4-way tennis. It was crazy but fun. We followed that up with two games of Wii-bowling. Bob impressed us all with getting 5 strikes to start the second game, then slowed down to finish at 215.

After that it was pretty late, so our company went home. Nick and I saw them out and headed upstairs, only to be distracted by the Trains game still sitting on the dining room table. So of course we had to play a game. We were both very East Coast and I managed to squeak out a victory courtesy of my longest train (34 to Nick's 33) - yes, I won by a single point.

So, happy Friday to all of you. Hope yours was as fun as mine was!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hmm..my Friday night went something like this...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unknown said...

Friday night we went to Pete's Place with friends and enjoyed their fish fry. No games.

Sandy said...

What a game marathon! Friday Bob & I drove home from the cottage. Stopped in Niagra WI at a delicious church fish fry. Sat with Sister Marla and some friends from St Mary's in Florence, so we behaved. Closer to home, visited with Mike & Michelle for cards. They bought a new car--Pontiac Vibe and also a new camper!