Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Twins Sweep!

And Nick and I were there to see it. Yes, we were lucky enough to go to two Twins games this week! We had slightly better seats this time, sitting above the Twins' dugout. Much less fanfare (and half the attendance) - the first pitch was thrown by a woman who's 101st birthday was today. No homers either, but we were treated to several errors by the Orioles, batting around the order in the 3rd and a double play. Our new pitcher, Roman Ortiz, looked pretty good too. Here's a few pitchers of Mauer on offense:


Mauer hits a double!!


Leading off third base.

13 comments:

Krista said...

THANK YOU for the new desktop background. ;-)

Erin said...

Why are all these shots of Mauer from the back? Hmmm...Karin?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Apparently he likes to watch the game as well.

Krista said...

His front side is nice, but his back side... YUMMY! I'm a sucker for catchers.

Erin said...

Remind me not to tell you that I was a catcher. ;)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

As was I. And I married the pitcher. Surprise!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

The Wednesday picture is far superior to the Monday one - I was closer so less fuzziness :)

Krista said...

Ok. I'll clarify... Male catchers. Nothing against the ladies, of course.

smeets said...

He might just turn me into a Twins fan... well, probably not. But it will make watching the Tigers beat them a lot more interesting!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

C'mon Smeeta, join us all on the bright side! Embrace the Twins!

Erin said...

Smeeta - I'm not sure there is any bright side to Karin. Stay with your Tigers.

This blog is getting a lot of action lately. Seems to all have started with that great baby picture that was defaced a few post ago. Hmmm....

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Defaced?

Erin said...

"Deface - To mar or spoil the appearance or surface of" (from answers.com)