Thursday, May 17, 2007

Almost Winners

My poker luck continued this week, with a lot of good playing and some luck too. I also bested my old favorite hand against Jeff G. The old favorite was pocket K vs pocket K pre-flop with both of us all in. Tonight Rob and I bettered that. I only called pre-flop because I was trying to bait another player (not Rob) but it didn't work so we got to see the flop. Rob (short stack) went all in and the third player called. Then I went all in myself and the other guy folded. Turns out both Rob and I had pocket A! We did win the other player's blinds and call of Rob's all in so it wasn't completely fruitless.

In the end, I had a lot of money. Nick and I were both hanging in there, then he took 4th and 3rd place out with a single hand (pair of tens), which gave him almost as much money as I had. We decided not to play it out, so we're not sure who the winner was, just that Nick and I finished on top :) Janelle did deal a last face-up hand - Nick got suited ten-jack and I had 4-6 offsuit. The flop came out with a straight draw and a pair for Nick, but then there was runner-runner 4 to give me the "victory" - not that I ever would have called him. And that's poker night.

No comments: