Thursday, May 10, 2007

Haven't You Ever Eaten a Toad Grilled Over an Open Fire?

The horror has ended! Yes, my long, long streak of going out first has ended. In fact, I finished second. I though I was going out in 4th place - I went all-in and Nick called me, he had 10s and I had 9s. Then Ed flipped his hand and showed me that he had a 9 too. But somehow the other 9 showed up on the flop and saved me. After that I did pretty well for a long time, at one point having about 1000 of the 1100 chips on the table. All good things must come to an end, however, and I let Ed back into the game and he managed to whittle away my chip stack and beat me. I was a little sloppy at the end and my run of terrific cards (I had 4 queens again!) stopped, and Ed got his well-deserved first win of the year. So Nick finished third and I finished second - better watch out next week!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Are you goating us with your titles?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Multiple Choice Comment - Choose the answer you like best:

A. Just trying to grab your attention.

B. Quoting Rob. Apparently this is quite common in the area from whence he hails.

C. All of the above.

Erin said...

C!

smeets said...

Oh I can't wait to come back and here more Robisms!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Rob is full of crap and they're called toadstabbers cause it sounds cool.

Anonymous said...

I posted my first comment!!!!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Welcome to the blog!!!

As we found out at the party, I wasn't the only person who Rob had fooled. I thought you were just stopping him because the description of "boiled toad guts" was getting too graphic!

Erin said...

Welcome to the dark side katie b. If you want to go comment happy play on my blog. :) (People like my blog. Don't tell Karin. But I have a writer block right now.)