Sunday, June 03, 2007

Visitors from Wisconsin

This weekend our friends Geoff, Kristen, and Lily visited from Wisconsin! On Friday night, Rob and Katie had a party for them at their house. Rob grilled out and made some fantastic hamburgers for us. I didn't see a single camera the entire time we were there - I think everyone was all camera'd out after the Memorial Day party.

On Saturday, Nick and I went to the zoo with them. After a quick stop at the library to get free passes, we were off! I've been to the zoo twice before. Once with Marsha when it was really hot so we only looked at the indoor animals, and once with Nick when we were there solely to see Harry Potter at the IMAX theatre and didn't buy zoo admissions, so this was really my first inside experience. The zoo is huge! I thought the layout was great too - everything was spread out and you didn't see a lot of "cages". A couple of pictures:


How do we find the animals?


A tiger!


Is there anything scarier than a combination Clown-Scarecrow?

After the zoo, we snuck in a game of Euchre while Lily was napping, then headed over to Seth's for some pizza and a game of Trivial Pursuit. Nick and I were pretty beat and went home early. We were asleep earlier than any other night this week! We should really work on that.

Today has been a pretty quiet day. Both of us worked on our own projects - Nick's been doing bathroom work and I've been scrapbooking/organizing pictures. It was a great weekend!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah zoo. I need to go to the Atlanta zoo before the panda bears go back to China. Anyone want to come with me?

Unknown said...

I want to go to China.

Erin said...

We should go. Who wants to go on a China trip with me and mom?

Seth R. said...

The picture you have of them all looking at the map along with the caption is hilarious. They look so confused.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Thanks Seth! I love how Lily is looking so intently at the map too.

The Zoecklers said...

We miss you already!

Sandy said...

Ah so, I would like to "take a little rowboat to China" with Erin and Nancy. Come on Karin, how about you??!?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I think Erin would push me out!