Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Another major holiday over. It was nice to have a Wednesday off for no real reason in the middle of the week though! Smeeta threw a fantastic BBQ for us at Medicine Lake; I think about 30 people attended. There was volleyball, bocce, swimming and frisbee, although I just sat in the shade and chatted for the entire time. I only put suntan lotion on my face, and my arms are slightly burnt, but other than that I'm ok.

After Nick and I left, we went grocery shopping and then came home and ate dinner and watched some more Friends, during which Smeeta called and invited us back over. We got there just as they were starting to eat, so Nick and I played a game of Trains in the living room while they ate in the dining room (we did converse back and forth). I played brilliantly, outscoring Nick by more than 50 points :) When the eating was over, we played a game of 7 Up 7 Down (won by Dave) and then a game of Euchre (won by Nick and Smeeta). We also went outside and blew up the $10 Nick spent on fireworks. It was fun! :)

4 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Oi, and the Twins managed to break their 3-game losing streak and WON against the Yankees!!!

Erin said...

What! NO heads up 7 up!?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

COMPLETELY different game.

7 Up 7 Down is like Scratch or Euchre, but it's a free-for-all with some interesting rules.

Unknown said...

Well then Heads up 7 up sounds like a good game for Erin, completely different.