Friday, October 05, 2007

The Lonely Wives Club

Tonight Katie and I went out by ourselves while our guys were off occupying themselves (Rob in Vegas, Nick at a concert). We decided to see a chick flick, but there was a sad lack of choice. We ended up at The Jane Austen Book Club. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I ended up really liking it. I thought it was very funny and interesting - and it made me want to read a Jane Austen book (or maybe all of them). I am very glad that I went with Katie though - I don't think Nick would have appreciated it :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Boston! I have several of Jane's books that you can borrow if you would like to. I personally like them, although sometimes they move a little slowly (I attribute it to having been written a long time ago). When I am back home I can give you the specific books I have.

BTW, we're having a great time here.

smeets said...

So sad I missed your outing. Looking foward to seeing you on Friday!

Erin said...

Hmmm...I read Jane Eyre. I liked it, but I suggest you just stop reading after chapter 20. Makes the story better, I think. :)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I was wondering about Boston! I saw on my RSS feed that you posted so I'll have to go read that soon. So many emails to catch up on :)

As for Austen - I got Emma from the library. It's the first one they read in the movie so we'll see how it goes.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Update: I've read chapter 1 of Emma now. Very, very wordy (and I thought I was bad!)