Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow Day!

We did end up getting lots of snow! Nick and I had originally not planned on going out, but ended up doing a Costco/Lowe's/Joann's run when I had a scrapbooking emergency (no more glue). It was slippery, but we arrived back unharmed - and we got all the stuff we needed to fix the drains in the bathroom. Yes, both the sink and the tub weren't draining right, but Nick got both of them fixed. It's so nice to take a shower and not be standing in three inches of soapy water when you are done!


The snow on our back deck.

In addition to the bathroom, Nick (and I!) made more progress on cleaning out the airplane room. I think we just about filled up our trash bin for the week, but we also boxed a lot of stuff up to move down into our newly-redesigned basement closet (pictures of that coming soon). Around 9 PM we got brave and decided to finally play the new game that Smeeta and Dave bought Nick for his birthday. We had gotten it out once before, but after spending a half hour putting all the little stickers on decided not to play. It was a lot of fun! It's another train game, but it's pretty complicated. It took about 4 hours to play, so we didn't finished until around 1. I ended up beating Nick by $4, so it was very, very close. We'd love to try with more players so if anyone has a lot of time to kill give us a call!


The game board - Nick is brown and I am green.

Today's plans: stay home away from the snow! Nick has already shoveled the drive, and is working on the basement while I play on here. We're listening to the Viking game but not really watching - looking forward to the Pittsburgh-Cincinnati game tonight. I'd better go help!

8 comments:

Seth R. said...

Looks like a fun game. I'd love to give it a try sometime.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Before someone feels bad for Nick: as soon as I got up and started working, he started playing on the computer, so we both had fun and worked.

Also, we played two more games of Empire Builder on Sunday night. I blew Nick out of the water on the first one, and he beat me by $6 in the second. Now that we know what we are doing we can start developing strategies. Erin, come to MN again so we can let you play once, lose, and refuse to play you again :)

Erin said...

Only if you promise to only tell me half the rules before we start and then just yell at me when I break the others.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I'll just let Nick explain the rules.

Erin said...

Haha, that will do it.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that yesterday you said you didn't like snow days but yet you have an entire post about them!!!!!!!! Suspicious!

Anonymous said...

I think you hate them but secretly love them! :)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Wait, my post said "Let it snow!". You are confused :)