Friday, February 29, 2008

Snow Outage

We got our March snowstorm early this year - a couple of inches during rush hour. That didn't stop poker though - 10 players and it came down to me vs the Borchs. I doubled each of them up when their pocket pair was better than mine. Luckily, Katie took out Rob but as she was gathering her chips the power went out, then on, then out, on, out. Outside the bay window we saw two huge flashes of light, sort of like lightening. Then nothing. It's two hours later and still no power. We finished by flashlight - Katie won! Being the only two girls we did call for an all-girl heads up when we were the short stacks, so our psychic abilities are intact!

The power stayed off, but our friends are troopers and stayed for a second game. We played by laternlight and the second game ended much like the first, but with Nick taking 2nd instead of me. It was a fun poker night!! I just hope the power comes back on soon (I'm writing this via Nick's cell phone - will fix it up later).

1 comment:

Erin said...

Man, your a blogger trouper. Writing by Nick's cell phone. That almost calls for an intervention. Thanks for my morning entertainment. Guess I'll go back to work now.