Saturday, May 03, 2008

It's Been a While

But not much blog-worth stuff has happened.

Last week for my birthday we played poker at Dave's house, including a yummy choclate Costco cake for me! I thought I was going to finish in the money, but ended up going out on the bubble - my big stack dwindled away to nothing. It was a double-bubble night because Nick went out one person before me. On Friday night, we went with a group of 11 to Old Chicago, then back to Dave and Smeeta's where my team dominated at Cranium! We then started a Euchre tournament but Nic and I didn't do very well - we were awesome at getting 9s and 10s but not awesome at winning tricks.

This week at poker, Nick and I both did much better. I was a monster and took out the first 5 people (including Nick and Sergei on the same hand!), then cruised into the top 2 without losing my chip lead. However, James got A-A TWO hands in a row and took the majority of my chips (I had 9-9). I was able to fight my way back and get a third of the chips, but I finally lost to him when I had the low straight and he had the high straight. It was still a good battle and I was elated to break my bubble-girl streak. We were actually ambitious enough to play a second game and Nick and I split - we were the last two people left! He had a lot more money than me so I think I would have gotten second again though.

At home, we've been on a huge Scrabble kick, playing pretty much nightly. I think we only played Empire Builder twice in the last two weeks! Beyond that, we haven't been doing much at all. Working, sleeping, and spring cleaning; just call us Mr and Mrs Boring :)

No comments: