Saturday, November 11, 2006

Movie Weekend

More fun things now that we have free time: yesterday my Cars movie arrived in the mail along with Nick's V for Vendetta. To celebrate, we invited all of our non-high stakes poker playing friends over for dinner and to watch my new movie. We headed out to check out the new Costco before anyone arrived and came home with a giant pot pie:


Note the regular-sized cookie sheet as a size comparison. We made this thing into 11 servings, and many of them were quite large!

We've admired them many times but never had the nerve to buy one because we knew we wouldn't even come close to finishing it. It was extremely good though so if you're coming to a party at our house in the future it will probably make a repeat appearance.

Today everyone did a variety of things. Cindy and Ryan checked out the Mall of America (it was Ryan's first trip there) and Nick worked on Icehouse 2.0 with Dave and Rob. Apparently with all the experience from Icehouse 1.0 it went much smoother this year. :) I went to the DMV and got my new license, then returned a bunch of the stuff that I bought for the wedding that we didn't end up using (I admit, I went a little crazy shopping the week before worrying about how it would all play out). We all met up for supper at California Pizza Kitchen, then went to see Talladega Nights: the ballad of Ricky Bobby at the discount theatre. I think I watched more already this weekend than I have in the past month!

Tomorrow is the main event: the Packer-Vikings game! With the way the Minnesota offense and the Packers defense have been playing, this should be an easy victory but we'll wait until tomorrow to see how it all plays out!

1 comment:

smeets said...

Hope you have fun at the game!