Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A New Volleyball Season Begins

Tonight we played some pretty typical Bacos volleyball in our first game of the season: destroyed the other team in the first game, squandered a large lead in the second to lose narrowly, and destroyed ourselves in the third. There are two very special All-Heart awards though:
(1) Rob - his amazing "thumbs down defense" hit for a point in the first game.
(2) Dawn - her serves in the third game made the score look like it was far more evenly matched than it actually was (I think she got 5 and we lost on the volley, not a bad serve).
Thanks for putting your all into the game!

Afterwards I dragged everyone to the Big 10 restaurant in Hopkins. I've only been to the on-campus one so I wasn't sure what to expect, but this one was nice too (and a short drive from where we play volleyball). Unfortunately they were all out of roast beef, but the food was still excellent.

1 comment:

smeets said...

I miss Bacos volleyball. I will have to come watch you play/ sub if you need one/ on the weeks i am in town!