Sunday, April 22, 2007

Best Birthday Party Ever!!!

Nick and my friends are so awesome - they threw me the best birthday party ever!! Thank you so much to Nick, Dave, Smeeta, and everyone else who came and celebrated with me. I had a blast and couldn't ask for anything more...

We started off the night by going bowling (one of my favorite activities). We played two games, girls plus Nick vs the rest of the guys. I'm happy to report that not only did the girls plus Nick team win overall, I lead the scoring each time with a total score of a perfect 300! I was untouchable! After we finished bowling, it came out that several members of the party had never played laser tag. Luckily there is a laser tag facility in the bowling alley so we were able to remedy that. We played the same teams, and the rest of the guys managed to win, although it was a little fishy since Andrea's score didn't register for the girls plus Nick team.


The winning team: Smeeta, Sarah, Nick, Andrea and Karin


Andrea and Sarah ready to play laser tag!

After we left the bowling alley, we headed over to Dave and Smeeta's for the remainder of the party. We had a great time there too - the weather was perfect and we stayed outside until it started to get dark. Dave grilled hamburgers and brats, and we played badminton and sat around and talked. Then they called me inside where my cake was waiting! We ate cake and I opened presents (a die cut machine for my scrapbooking, random scrapbooking supplies, flowers, and a new Cranium game called "Whoonu"). The new game was a lot of fun - we started playing it right away and played many, many rounds that night. It's a very simple concept - everyone has 4 cards and they are trying to pick the one that is the "favorite thing" of a specific person. The person then gets to rank the cards that were chosen from least to most favorite. Sort of a simpler version of Apples to Apples.


Paul and Nick set up the badminton court. Might need to move the poles further apart guys!


The "hated" group shot. I wanted to get it outside, so not everyone was there yet. Don't worry, there's always next year!
Standing: Paul, Bob, Robyn, Dawn, Andrea, Nick, Heidi, Ross, Sergei, Ed, Janelle, Dave, Christian
Sitting: Seth, Sarah, Karin, Smeeta
(Kindly taken by Ben, who refused to be in any of the pictures)


Nick got me the princess cake from Costco. She looks just like me!


My birthday flowers

I had a couple more surprises waiting for me too as the night progressed:


Nick bought me a bike!


Smeeta made O-Balls!

We also managed to finish our pony keg by about 10:30 PM - a first for one of our parties. The beer was pretty well distributed though because no one was overly drunk. Later that evening, I managed to win the 9-player poker game of Omaha - guess that's my problem (can't play Hold 'Em). Too bad it was only a dollar buy-in! We finished off the night by playing Whoonu again and getting in some girl talk before finally falling asleep around 5:30 in the morning. Guess that's about it - did I mention it was the best birthday party ever??

10 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like fun. Be ready for round two next week.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

The Erin birthday party in GA? I guess that's some incentive to come visit :)

Anonymous said...

Karin, you have the best friends . . . and you do so many fun things. What a way to celebrate!

Jeff and Heidi said...

I am sad that we weren't there to help you celebrate - sad that o-balls were made without me!! I am glad that you had a fabulous birthday though!!
~Heidi

Krista said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Wish we could have been there. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it for Memorial Day. Nic found some relatively cheap tickets today.

Anonymous said...

Not a comment on this particular post. However, we stumbled across this pic of Nick while going through some older photos and had to pass it along. Cut and paste: www.geocities.com/saharafrog/imagedisp.html

-Mike and Chrissy (Marion, IA)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

If only I'd had that picture when making the wedding slideshow!

Nick still has that shirt - I may need to throw it out.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Little Princess.

Unknown said...

What are o balls and how can I get some?

Sandy said...

Nick looks like he's really enjoying his time on the Girls and Nick team. Karin, your team name is so creative (and funny).

Nancy, I had to ask for the o-ball recipe (I've had them before). They are sinfully good.