Monday, April 02, 2007

Twins Win!

Tonight Nick and I used his Valentine's Day gift: tickets to the Twins season opener! We got to the game early and got free hats and magnet schedules at the gate, then found our seats and sat down to watch the pre-game batting practice and entertainment. They had two "stars" participate in this - Brad Radke (newly retired Twins pitcher) threw the ceremonial first pitch and former American Idol Top 10 Contestant Paris Bennett (she lived in the Twin Cities briefly) sang the national anthem. Finally, it was game time.

The Twins ended up winning 7-4! Some highlights: back-to-back home runs in the second inning. Morneau was thrown a ball, then he hit the home run. Hunter knocked one out of the park on the very next pitch! We also saw a balk, a stolen base, and a crazy fan running around on the field. Took security a couple of minutes to catch him - I have a video of the tackle on my camera!

I was very excited to see that all my favorite players from last year had returned - the only difference in the starting line up was the new DH (who didn't impress me that much). Even many of the bench players are familiar to me. Hope this means we'll have an even better year than last year! Go Twins!!

14 comments:

Erin said...

Go Cubs!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I guess when you're from Iowa you need to pick another state to cheer for, but you might as well show some class in doing it!

Justin said...

Just be happy she isn't rooting for the Braves

Erin said...

Braves
*twitch*
*twitch*

Justin said...

Or even better she could be rooting for the Indians...oh wait that's my team.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

As long as it's not the Brewers - growing up in WI they just taught us to avert our eyes towards Lambeau whenever anyone mentioned "baseball". It's amazing that I enjoy it now!

smeets said...

Tigers anyone?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Nope :) Although I am attending two Twins games this year in which they will be playing the Tigers.

Jeff and Heidi said...

I was excited that it was a nationally televised game and I actually got to watch it! GO TWINS!
~Heidi

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Finally someone knows what they are talking about!

Erin said...

IN all reality I like the Dodgers THEN the Royals THEN the Blue Jays.

Krista said...

No mention of our boy, Mauer. I'm disappointed.

Nic's still a Tigers fan, so Smeeta's not alone.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Mauer got the first hit of the game. Waiting for the pictures! (My camera battery died at the game).

smeets said...

Go Nic! Talk about great taste.