Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Achievements

Only a couple of notable things to add. Nick worked hard all weekend and got all the wainscoting up in the bathroom - yay! You can see in the picture below that the tub is going to be huge!!! A bunch more grunt work this week to get the little wall installed and primed and the plumbing in place, then maybe we'll have the tub in next week once Dave's back and can help (if his hernia will allow it).


The Wainscoting is Up!!

I worked crazily on my scrapbook and now only have 8 more pages to finish. After that I'll be caught up through the beginning of October - not bad at all. My goal is to finish before my mom comes to visit this weekend, we'll see how that pans out. Lucky for me she's not planning on arriving until Saturday morning - one extra evening :)

Other fun stuff this weekend - Saturday night we met Paul, Ashley, Ross, Heidi and Rob at Granite City. I think Rob was a little sad to be the only "couple-less" one there, but we told the waitress he was married; I don't know if she believed us though! Afterwards, Ross and Rob came over and we continued the Wii fun. They hadn't really played much before, so we pitted them against each other in tennis and baseball, then played 4-player golf and bowling (the only two you can do with only two remotes, we really need to pick up two more).

Today was pretty quiet. Went to church and ran some errands together, then we decided to go out and see a movie. We went to a new-to-us discount theatre and saw The Pursuit of Happyness. It was very good, sad but with enough little jokes that it wasn't completely depressing. I read the Reader's Digest story on it a while back so I knew what was going to happen, but it was still worth seeing.

And that's the weekend. Nick is downstairs playing Wii Sports and I'm messing around up here. We have a big week coming up so come back again for more fun adventures!

6 comments:

smeets said...

Looks like the bathroom is coming along well. I need to try the Wii the next time I am in town, sounds like fun!

Erin said...

Yup I want a new bathroom when I come to visit next time. So maybe on Karin's brithday?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

You'd take vacation for me? Wow! Even Smeeta isn't that dedicated! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dave and I saw pursuit of happyness this weekend too! We thought it was a little depressing, but overall, pretty good. Where do you think he slept after he met with those executives with his shirt on???

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the bathroom. The wainscoating is really going to brighten up the room. Good job Nick!

Unknown said...

Looking good. If Dave can't help lift he can always supervise.