Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Game Stories

Just thought I'd throw a couple of "game" stories out as I continue to procrastinate about getting the Memorial Day party pictures off my camera.

Recently we've pulled two of our old favorite games out of retirement. At our party, we played two games of classic Settlers with Jeremy and a roving 4th (first Ben, then Seth). Tonight we had Dave over after volleyball for a couple of games of Puerto Rico. I was pretty rusty at first, but it all came back quickly. I didn't win either Settlers game - the first ended too quickly and the second went on forever but I was boxed it, but I did win the second Puerto Rico one. I could tell I was going to lose the first one immediately, but the second one just felt "right" and Nick and Dave kept picking what I needed them to pick.

In other "game" news, the Twins finally swept a series again! We beat the Chicago White Sox three games in a row. Today's victory was by far the strangest - Torii Hunter was walked on 4 pitches in the bottom of the 9th, two outs, tie game, bases loaded. Oops. That brings us up to third place in the division - keep holding on guys!

No comments: