Sunday, July 08, 2007

Silly Boys

After losing 2 of 3 Scrabble games to Nick (oddly, I won the one game I was behind on early and lost the two that I had an early lead - go figure), we decided we needed another game and some fresh competition. Bob and Seth heeded our calls, and I found out my "Smeeta-is-bad-luck" hypothesis was correct. :)

We played a game of Settlers first and I won by getting three points on one turn - a wood monopoly, then a city and a single road to gain longest road. Much like the last time we played, Bob could have built a single road on his last turn to win.

Next, we moved to Puerto Rico. I thought Nick had me, but thanks to an overall sound strategy I was able to beat him by two points in the end.

Sadly, the Twins weren't as successful as I was. After two monster games on Friday, they were unable to produce runs on Saturday and today and ended up splitting the series with Chicago, leaving us 7 games back from Detroit and Cleveland going into the All-Star break. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better luck against Oakland on Thursday. Go Twins!

2 comments:

The Zoecklers said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know we're keeping up with your blog. Miss you both.

smeets said...

I resent being called bad luck ;-)