Saturday, September 08, 2007

Coincidence?

Day two of our visit went very well. Nick and Jeff took a load to the dump (including the basketball hoop) and got a lot done on the doors and windows. They have a few things they want to do tomorrow, but overall everything is looking great! In the meantime, Nancy and I went to Build-A-Bear and I built my first ever teddy bear. It was fun and addicting. Here's the coincidence: my sister Jill and I both talked about wanting to go and build bears. We even walked through the store with our cousin when the two of them were here visiting me a month ago. As Nancy and I were getting ready to go my phone rang: Jill and my other little sister were at their local Build-A-Bear making bears of their own! :) Jill made a triceratops named "Tops" and my other sister made the Autumn Bear and named it "Cheetah Girl". Mine is the Read Bear ($1 of his purchase price goes to the literacy council) named "Lorenzo".


Jill and myself in some hats she made (taken two weeks ago)


Lorenzo
(His helmet is made of fabric, not plastic thus why it looks dented)

When we got home, the guys were sleeping so we decided to play Scrabble before waking them up. My best word was "Accrue" on the triple word score. On my next turn I added a "D" and made "Doozy" (had to use a blank for the "y" though) on a double word score. I did win, but just barely. While we were playing, Nancy asked me a good question: What is your favorite game ever? I thought it was pretty hard - I play and enjoy tons of games and I would guess that we own about 30, but picking a favorite? I was able to narrow it down to a couple, but before I give my answer, I'd love to hear a couple of others weigh in on what theirs are. Nancy can vouch for me later that I pick the same on the blog as I did when she asked me.

Once the game was over and we got the guys up, we headed off to the Brunswick Zone and went bowling. I got a respetable 139 on the first game, but lost to Nancy's monster 142! The second game didn't go as well - I only got a 101. We were all very distracted by High School Musical 2 on the TV next to our scores (the sound wasn't even on). I might have to go rent the first one to see what all the fuss is about - it looked mildly entertaining. It's a Disney Channel movie so it should be right up there with Snow, which Krista and I both enjoyed three winters ago. We ate dinner at Boston's to finish off our night on the town.

Tomorrow: Packers season opener. GO PACK GO!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever played Munchkin? I like that one, but only certain people would appreciate the humor. :)

So I would have to say Settlers. 1. It's never the same game twice. 2. It's very interactive with other players.
3. If for some crazy reason you get bored, there are other versions of it.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I played Munchkin a couple of times in high school. It was fun but the company (my then-boyfriend and his friends) were not very welcoming - they didn't like girls invading their games. So they would not play fair with me.

Settlers is in my top 5, but I couldn't give it the "favorite overall" title.

Anonymous said...

After I posted I realized that I forgot about card games... there are a bunch of those that I like a lot.

Ben says that soon we will have you over and we can play Munchkin. Yes, that's right: you are almost invited over. :) We can play something else, BTW. At the time he said that we didn't know you had already played it.

Erin said...

Go Fish? Is that your favorite? No No I know. It is Chinese checkers played Erin's (GROK) way. I know it is because I taught you it. :) I miss Chinese checkers.

Unknown said...

My favorite is Scrabble, even if I lose I enjoy it.

Erin said...

Wow, there's a shocker. I mean, really, Mom? You like Scrabble? Even if your illiterate child bets you? Hmmm...interesting, very interesting.

So Karin, what is it? What is your favorite game?

Unknown said...

I think Karin has invented a new game that she enjoys alot. It is called "What can I do to annoy Erin?"

Yes, Erin I like scrabble that much. But it would be nice if you let me win once in a while.

Jill' I'm impressed by your knitting skills.

Unknown said...

My verification word for that last comment was "favfroni".
Any definitions, avid game players?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

My all-time favorite is cribbage. I don't even remember learning how to play and I can play for hours.

Runner-ups include Scabble, Settlers, and Puerto Rico.

Erin said...

Really, cribbage? Your going down next time!

(My word verification is bowen. Hey Karin you should get rid of the verification thingy. You know you want to.)

Sandy said...

Scrabble is hard to play with my son Dan who has the most incredible vocabulary. We like a variety of games. Nice to have 2-person games when you don't have a crowd around. I depend on Karin to recommend games for us. BTW, I finally read the Karin-recommended book Water for Elephants and it was excellent!