Friday, September 07, 2007

Visitors from the South

Nancy and Jeff came to visit us from Iowa! They were here when I got home from work. Jeff and Nick hung up the new numbers (yes, I know, I need to post a picture of the finished project!) and then they decided to dig up and take out the basketball hoop that no one uses. Meanwhile, Nancy and I were playing lawn golf and gossiping in the backyard. When they were done, Nick grilled up some chicken for the four of us and Ed and Dave, who is also up visiting us from Missouri this week.

Following dinner, we played a game of 3-on-3 Hand and Foot. I got burned big-time: 3 red 3s in my first boot and 2 in my second (neither of which I got to). We won the second two rounds but it was too late; we lost by about 600 points. The red threes were too hard to recover from. It was fun though! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you guys played hand and foot! I really like that game. I guess we have to add that to the list of games we can play with you guys. It's getting to be a long list... :)

Erin said...

You call that South. Whatever. If they don't call it "The War of Northern Aggression" they are not form the South.

Anyway, what is lawn golf and why haven't I played, mastered, and kicked your butt at it yet?