Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Night at the Races

AKA We're the old fogies who left first but at least we came out!!

Tonight we went to Dave's for supper (stew and tacos) and games. I "won" Bohnanza in a 5-way tie in a 6-player game. Sweet! After Bohnanza, a bunch of people showed up, and I got everyone to play Bunco. Bunco is pretty fun - it's just rolling dice over and over until someone gets the correct three-of-a-kind. I started off pretty well, but ended up finishing 9th out of 11 (Nick was 8th). Dave was the big winner but with an asterisk because his table didn't understand the rules in the first round (The rules are: Keep track of the ones that each person rolls and play until one person rolls a three-of-a-kind).

After that yet more people showed up and we split into groups and played separate games. Nick and I played a game that will hereby be known as "The Other Train Game." TOTG has even simpler rules than the train game, if you can imagine that. I ended up winning the first two rounds and then tying with Bob overall. Fun night!

1 comment:

Erin said...

O no racing? I still have that dice game you gave me in my purse next to my deck of cards. Yes I have a very small purse filled with games, just in case. :)