Sunday, January 13, 2008

More Weekend Details

Nick is doing some work and I'm still up and feel like posting so here's some random blabbings. Last night Nick went out to the ice house - still no fish! Better luck next time! I finally got the right paper and was able to finish up the pontoon pages from our camping trip in June. That gets me caught up through our first Vegas trip of the year and leaves me with only about 20 pages left in the blue scrapbook. It's a monster too - almost 100 pages! I think the next one is going to be a little smaller because that bugger is heavy (yes, I just finished a book set in England).

Today (Saturday) I got up early and started cleaning. Our house is now sparkling clean, and with the exception of my Christmas cards and our wreath, completely de-Christmas-itized. A little sad, but only 10 more months til I can get it all out again! And the wreath and cards are going to hang around for a while longer because they're easy to clean up and I like how they look. Nick and I then made a run to Costco to get some food, then came home and played Empire Builder until the game began.


Our Spread - Only the butter didn't come from Costco!
Amazing but true: 6 people ate 95% of that veggie platter!


Keeping a stiff upper lip - this was after the Seahawk's first touchdown!

Ryan Grant gave me a scare early on with his two fumbles that were converted into touchdowns, but after that the game was all Packers. I knew Brett was going to come out throwing and when Greg Jennings caught his first touch down pass I knew it was all clear sailing until the end of the game. It was great! We watched most of the Patriots-Jaguars game afterwards - wish the Jags would have played a little better in the second half and taken care of business!

When football was over, Nick and I sat down and finished our game of Empire Builder. He beat me, but I put up a good fight (had about $215 million). I demanded a rematch and managed to dominate the entire time, leaving him with one city unconnected and only about $150 million. Guess we'll have to play again to determine the ultimate champion - darn!

Ok, guess our day wasn't all that interesting, but I had fun writing about it. Big football day tomorrow - good luck to the Colts and the Giants!

1 comment:

smeets said...

Soundslike fun, although I don't like the anti- Pats tone of the blog ;-)