Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Return to Normalcy

After a brief hiatus (one night of Scrabble, one night of cribbage and one night of [gasp] no games), Nick and I returned to our new favorite, Empire Builder. Thanks to a brilliant last-card pick-up (coffee to Savannah when I was already in Mexico City!) I was able to defeat him by 15 million dollars! I even gave him $4 million on my last turn - I was trying to help him out. I think it was one of our best games ever.

In other news, the scrapbooking store by our house closed today. They lost the lease on the space they were renting. So from now on it's a 10-15 minute drive to get supplies instead of a 2 minute one and I have to actually go through stop lights and on the freeway. To those of you in Iowa, you're probably thinking big deal, but to me it's a little sad.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That cute little place on the other side of 169? I only went there a couple of times but I too liked the convenience. That's a bummer.