Thursday, January 24, 2008

Throwback Week

Last night the Bacos volleyball team played a new team that decided to name themselves "The Trixsters" (note the use of the letter "s" in the middle). In celebration, Nick, Krista, and Bob wore throwback jerseys to the game:

Bacos won all three games.

Tonight, I went on an old-fashioned rampage at poker and won one for the girls. I started off doing poorly, not even winning a hand until the 2-4 blinds. I think I was down to about $50. Then I won a couple of small hands and got my first big break: pocket Qs. Perfect flop too: A-Q-10. I had first decision and checked, figuring someone would bet their A (since I had raised pre-flop). I got a nibble and a medium-sized bid. I knew the guy who raised didn't have K-J so I check-raised and went all-in. He thought about it for a long time and then called - he had A-10. The hand played out and I won! After that, I was pretty much on a tear until heads up. Of the 8 people left at table, I took out 5 more and ended up heads up with Ross. Only Katie, Dave and Rob were immune to my streak. I had a bigger stack, but doubled Ross up. After that it was pretty slow for a while; I won the only big hand which put us about even. From there, I had a run of great luck: lots of pocket pairs and A-face card suited. Ross never called my all-ins, but I got 50 from him each time. Finally the last hand: I flopped mid-pair and a 4-card flush draw. Ross went all-in and I didn't believe him so I called. The turn gave him a bigger pair and the river gave me a flush! Yeah, I'm bragging, but it was a pretty fantastic comeback from the short stack (and I know I'm dooming myself for next week). I'll enjoy the feeling while it lasts. It was a fun poker night.

No comments: