Friday, February 01, 2008

Random Activities

Sunday night when Nick got home we decided to go out and avoid the wet carpets for a while. So we headed off to the movie theatre and saw Charlie Wilson's War. I was a little surprised that it was at the dollar theatre already - Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks? Regardless, Nick and I both enjoyed it. Since the kitchen was also a mess (all the stuff not in the sunroom was in there) we stopped at Arby's for supper afterwards.

Wednesday night, we got our pictures taken for the church directory. I think we looked pretty sharp - I can't wait to get our free 8x10. We've been debating whether to cover up the engagement photo or the wedding photo with it. Do we ditch the 2 year old picture or the 18 month old picture? We don't really need a 3rd 8x10 of ourselves displayed in the living/dining room area! Since we were already dressed up we decided to try out Pittsburgh Blue - a new steakhouse in Maple Grove. It's a fancy place though and we've never felt dressed up enough to go there before. The food was fantastic! Nick had a porterhouse and I had a New York Strip on the bone (never had that on the bone before). We shared a tear-apart bread and hashbrowns, then had a piece of Red Velvet cake for dessert. Scrumptious!

Thursday we skipped poker, so no wonderous bragging stories this week. Maybe Ed can comment and let me know who won. We stayed home and cleaned up instead. Not extremely interesting but we're happy with the progress being made. We're almost back to our pre-carpet cleaning state! Now all I want for tonight is a game of Empire Builder - shouldn't be too hard to make Nick indulge me!

4 comments:

smeets said...

Hmm. skipping poker a week after you win, i thought that wasn't allowed ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dmitri won the first game vs. Bret and I won the second vs. Dmitri. We only had 6 people play so we ended up playing two $10 games. I think it might have been the smallest poker night since I've started playing.

-Ed

Sarah said...

That is kind of funny... my neighbors just tried out P Blue too. They also said it was great. The problem is, it's right by GC. :)

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Good job Ed! We won't be skipping this week (probably because it is here).

Smeeta - I think it's bad form. But I'm going to blame Nick because I let him make the call on whether we stayed home or not this week and he chose to stay home.

Sarah, I think it's worth your time. But 1 P Blue = 2.5 GC trips. On the other hand, we never bring GC leftovers home and Nick and I had a very nice meal today with our P Blue leftovers so that balances it out somewhat too. The bread is definitely a million times better (especially since you don't get it unless you ask at GC!!).