Monday, March 10, 2008

Windmills Over Iowa

Our first trip of 2008! Quite a change from 2007, but the fun has to end somewhere. :)


Windmills Over Iowa

Nick and I spent the weekend in Iowa visiting with his family. We drove out on Thursday after work and were greeted by the newly redesigned family-living room area! It looked fantastic and was almost finished -all the furniture and such was in place already. It still needs some tiling, but they were working on that when we left so I'm sure next time we go everything will be complete (I'm sure Nancy hopes for the same).

Friday night we attended the rehearsal dinner for Nick's cousin's wedding, and Saturday was the wedding. It was a very nice ceremony and I had fun talking to all Nick's relatives at the dance. We came home and played Scrabble afterwards. I think all three games had the three of us finishing within 10 points of each other; one went to Nancy and one went to Nick. I was second both times. Sunday morning we had lunch and came home to Minneapolis. It was a very relaxing trip!

5 comments:

Erin said...

like the picture. I made it my desktop at work. What road are you on?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

No clue, I was photographing, not driving. It's how you get to Arcadia.

Erin said...

Arcadia Blacktop. :) That is what I thought.

Nick said...

ZIP! I see a windmill.
ZIP! I see a windmill.
ZIP! I see a windmill.
ZIP! I see a windmill.

Erin said...

4 points for Nicky! I saw 3 water towers this morning. I get 15!